Thursday, January 12, 2012

Using & Caring for Selenite

Selenite to Seal the Aura

Question: Sheila - I hope you don't mind a question on a crystal I recently bought. I found your site while doing online research. I recently when to Colorado on vacation and visited Glenwood Caverns in Glenwood Springs,Co. They had a gift shop that had all sorts of rocks and crystals. I ended up buying a huge Selenite Crystal that was in a tower form and had a regular light in the bottom of it.

It must be at least 12 to 14 inch tall and 4 to 6 inch think. It is really big and heavy. (15lbs or more) My question is that I would like to use it for programming and to assist in healing. Do I use it in the same manner as the wands that you talk about in your videos? I am just not sure how I would go about using it since I really can't easily "hold it to the various chakras".

I probably will go ahead and get a selenite wand from you as well, so I have a wand, but would be interested in your response. I also read that Selenite is the only crystal that can program quartz...is that correct?

I appreciate any assistance you might be able to give.

Selenite Chakra Wand

Answer: Hi, thank you for your email. To use your large Selenite stone for healing, you can clean, charge and program it the same way as other stones. Please keep in mind that Selenite will dissolve in water and in general is very fragile. As for healing, it will be hard to wield the cluster easily over yourself or others, so in this case we suggest you place your hands over it for meditation or to seal the aura. A wand will make it easier for portable crystal healing. For the cluster you can do visualizations instead of active healing over the chakras.

We have not heard that Selenite is the only crystal to program quartz. In fact, the term programming as we use it refers to your intentions focusing the energy of the crystal. In this way you can program all of your stones according to whichever energy you are seeking from it at the particular time.

If you have any other crystal healing questions, please email us and subscribe to our blog at http://blog.idigcrystals.com

Sincerely,
Sheila Satin