Thursday, June 12, 2008

a bevy of cures

QUESTION: Hi Sheila, last summer you told me of some crystals I could use for my health conditions which are severe arthritis, bone on bone in the knees and the same in my spine, no disk left in lower back. You recommended mochi balls and selenite. I have a couple of pieces of selenite, one is a rounded wand for massaging, the other a narrow rectangle piece that splinters so it can't be used for massaging. I recently ordered the mochi balls from you on ebay, as well as some citrine tumbled stones and the window quartz pieces/palm stones. I have numerous books but still get overwhelmed.

How do I use the mochi balls?
I got the citrine stones to give to my children who are financially struggling in this economy. I don't know why I got the crystal quartz, I guess that will be revealed to me on a need to know basis. I also want to take some gemstone elixir but don't know which stones to use...I think you may have told be calcite. Is that yellow, orange? How many stones do I put into each preparation, and how much water? Do I use spring water, tab water, distilled? And what kind of container? Would a quart fruit jar be ok? It is clear glass but has a metal lid.

I am considering ordering your Dad's book? I will maybe next month or ask for it for my birthday later this month. I may need to get some calcite stones from you for the elixir if you have the kind I need.

I also have a friend who is going through so much grief. Actually, two friends. One lost her husband suddenly. I made her an amethyst and rose quartz bracelet but I feel that she is still suffering a lot. My other friend lost her husband 2 years ago and recently lost her oldest son in a car accident. As I look through all my books on grief, nothing jumps out at me for her. I know apache tears is good for that but I don't have the beads to make jewelry and she isn't open to the whole idea of stones. I do this jewelry thing to help those that don't realize how much stones can help. They are open to wearing the jewelry. I clean it and dedicate it to them as their needs manifest themselves to the stone. It is my way of helping people who aren't open to this way of healing. I know one doesn't need to believe in them for them to work...they just have to wear the stones.

I thank you again and look forward to hearing from you and getting your suggestions


ANSWER:

The mochi balls you use by rubbing over the affected area. I haven't done this myself, but several clients who have arthritis swear by mochi balls, so I wanted to pass on this information!







The Citrine crystals make sure that your kids keep them wherever they keep cash so that there can be a flow. Many clients also swear by Citrine and it is commonly known as the "Merchant Stone". I myself prefer Aventurine and Bloodstone, but again, it's up to personal prefernce and resonance with each crystal.




Calcite comes in many different colors. I use one tumbled stone (3/4"-1") to one glass of water, more or less. You will come up with your own method, but to start off, you can use this measurement for elixirs. And the water is again up to you. Whatever you are used to drinking. I drink tap water, so that is what I use, but if you're used to some other kind of water, I would use that. A fruit jar is fine. If you are concerned with the metal lid, I would just place a paper towel over that top if you are concerned with impurities falling into the water while creating.


My dad's book, "Incredibly Believable!" is a wonderful, uplifting and easy to read book. Wherever he is now in the universe, he is looking out for us as all the advanced souls are. We overcome our mortal dilemmas and crystals are definitely an aid in the right direction.


For your friends going through grief, I would definitely stick with black stones because these are much stronger in absorbing and transmuting negativity. If you can't find Apache Tear beads, definitely use Obsidian. Apache Tears are a form of Obsidian.

I also started my own jewelry line since we last emailed, you can check it out at http://sheilasatin.etsy.com/ and if you have any custom requests, I am happy to create!

You are certainly correct, you don't have to believe in the crystals for them to work! But it's just the more powerful when you do accept their energies :)