Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cleaning Large Chunk Crystals


Crystal Chunk Cluster




Question: I have a big 10 pound milky quartz with incrustations of medium black tourmaline. When it arrived it seemed like a regular non-energetic stone, and I did all sort of things to activate or maybe revive it, I made custom (invented by me) rituals, surrounded by sacred things like statues of Buddha, my most special crystals, I bathed it with diamantine water, I fumed it with palosanto (do you use this incense up in north america? It's great to leave a burning palosanto on a stone to cleanse it and give it extra protection) and finally a few weeks ago I started feeling its vibe, and could start using it for charging other stones, which Im very glad of, but what came into my mind is what should I do to keep it full of energy and clean (I usually don't program stones, I prefer them to manifest as they are)... should I put it in a big bucket with salt and leave it night round for moon light to reach it? should I leave it under the sun for charging it? Or do clusters this big maintain them selves active without external care? Since its such a big stone, I'm not very sure which would be the best way to go, and I´d be very grateful for your advice.

Amethyst point cluster


Answer: Clusters are usually energetically self-cleaning if they are many points growing from one base. The points are constantly circulating renewed energy. However, it sounds like you have a large rock-like cluster with no individual points. In this case, it is not circulating energy as fast, it is storing it more, and you will want to clean out its energy once in a while and more if you are doing active crystal healing rituals with the stone. You will want to use either your incense or salt or whatever other method you prefer to clean the Quartz. Healers have found that placing their stones in the moonlight helps with intuitive and psychic energies while placing their stones in the sunlight helps active it with more physical healing energies. Of course, you can leave the stones throughout the daily cycles for a balance of these energies as well.

Yes, we do have palosanto here, but it is not as common to use as sage incense is.

I hope this helps and we are always happy to answer your crystal healing questions.

Sincerely,
Sheila Satin


Cleaning crystals Energetically