Friday, November 26, 2010

CRYSTALS: Upsetting


QUESTION: Hi Sheila, Lisa, and Ann, I have a crystal question i hope you can help me with. Someone told me that if you have a strong reaction to a crystal, like if you use a crystal and it brings up uncomfortable emotion, it means that you are in need of healing that specific crystal can offer. When i heard this, it made me think of an experience I had last year with rhodochrosite i didn't understand.

When i would use this crystal, afterward I felt very irritable and angry. I started speaking up and starting fights in my relationship. I was confused because as a crystal that helped with love and the heart, why was i getting so upset each time i used it? But i can see now, all the emotion that was brought up helped me to speak up about things that were bothering me. I have been afraid to use it ever since, because i didn't want to feel those emotions again...but now i wonder if maybe it was actually helping me to heal my heart by helping me face things in my life that were bothering me deep down. Months later, we ended that relationship and i see this was this ending was the best thing for me. I wondered, was it all in my head that every time i used the rhodochrosite i felt upset, was it just not a good crystal for me, but now i wonder if it was bringing me healing by bringing up the emotions.

If you have any thoughts, please let me know.

ANSWER: Hi, thanks for writing! You are correct, some crystals can bring out stuff that you didn't want to deal with at a certain time. For example, Malachite is a power stone that will bring up past emotional trauma. It is so strong some people need to counter it with the calming energies of Rose Quartz. Both are heart chakra stones, but with different wavelengths. These blockages will be released when you are ready for it and crystals will definitely aid in this cleansing. Sometimes you are not ready to face the past and you may leave a crystal for a while, like you did with your Rhodochrosite (pictured). When you are ready (perhaps now that you are looking back and making some realizations!), you will be drawn to it again. Everybody goes at their own pace!
Sheila!

--
Satin Crystals: 1718A Polk St, San Francisco, CA 94109 (415) 776-7446

##

No comments: