Wednesday, July 2, 2008

EVENT: Bowers Gem Exhibit



This information was passed on to me from my former gemology teacher. I lasted there but half a semester, not for lack of interest, but the fact that I haven't had a schedule for years, and even when I did have one, each minute seemed to fight my very being. The western education system and myself are not friends. However, the universe put me there for a reason and in that short span of time, a whole new world opened up to me.

Crystals and gems are intriguing. Each piece so unique with its colors and shapes and inclusions, like peering into alternate realities.

For those in the area, Bowers Museum is in Santa Ana Orange County, CA:

Sat July 19th 1:30pm"Phenomenal Gems" Fred and Charlotte Ward present a seldom seen or collected category of startlingly beautiful gems with optical "tricks".

Sunday Aug 10th, 1:30 "Through the Lens of the Camera" Photogragher Erica Van Pelt, who has revolutionized the way the world looks at Gems, shares insight into the innovations of her world for museums and private collections.

For both lectures admission is free with paid museum admission and free to members.
The Gem Exhibit closes August 24th.

No comments: