Wednesday, September 17, 2008

CRYSTALS: Loss & Roomies



QUESTION: Hey Sheila. I wanted to get your advice on some crystals. I recently had a tragic loss and purchased Malachite eggs from your wonderful store to help in my healing. I was curious how long I should leave them buried in sea salt to clear them and how long they should be in the sun to charge? I was also curious if these are the right crystals for this type of healing as Malachite is more for Yang energy. You also sent me an Aventurine tumbler so I’m curious if I should actually being using that for this type of healing, which seems it might be more Yin focused.

I also would like your advice on Rainbow Obsidian. I currently have a roommate who I receive ample amounts of negative energy from and it seems like this would be the right crystal instead of the ever more popular Garnet. Would a sphere in my room suffice? Is it better to have it in a place near the door to my room or somewhere closer to my bed? And would it be too much to also wear a Rainbow Obsidian necklace as well?

Thank you Sheila.

ANSWER:

As for your first question, there is no set time as to how long you should clean or charge the crystals, but personally I like to clear them for at least 12 hours the first time I get them. So, I either leave them for one full cycle of the sun or one cycle of the moonlight, depending on what kind of energies I want to focus on: sun being physical healing and moon being more intuitive. Of course, you can leave them for 24 hours as well.

You are correct, Malachite is very yang energy. If you check out my guide on crystal healing the heart: http://www.idigcrystals.com/hearthealing.htm you will see that I recommend this crystal for Hearts that are blocked with yin energy, which yours would be in cases of loss and depression. In this case, you want a balance of yin and yang. Because your heart is blocked with yin energies, you want some strong yang energy to balance this area.

As for your roommate who is giving off a lot of negativity that your aura seems to be absorbing, I would recommend wearing Rainbow Obsidian or carrying a piece in your pocket if you don't prefer to wear jewelry. Then, I would definitely recommend a sphere or other larger piece for your room, placed near the wall that is closest to her room. If you share a wall, I would also recommend placing Rose Quartz here to promote peace.
If you have further questions, I'm always here to answer them!

Sincerely,
Sheila Satin: Crystal Healer

No comments: