Sunday, November 11, 2012

Questions from a Crystal Healing Novice

Moonstone Jewelry




Question: Good morning Sheila, I just got the moonstone necklace. Its so pretty. Thank you for making such a beautiful piece. I actually read that moonstone is a birthstone/zodiac stone for gemini (that's me). Is that true?


I was wondering if you could tell me if there is any special way i should cleanse and charge the stones, especially tonight being the full moon...

I don't really know that much about healing stones, but i am very eager to learn much more. My first book for reference was Judy Hall's "Crystal Bible". Do you have any suggestion as to other books or online resources that might be useful for me? 

One more question if i may.... Its regarding the Ruby Zoisite i purchased a few weeks ago. Its awesome, first of all. When i wear it, it seems as though its overly stimulating. I have to take it off at night and keep it away from my body. Im just wondering if this is the natural qualities of the stone, or if i need to cleanse/charge it differently?

Many thanks again for all the beautiful jewelry you make. I truly appreciate it!

Enjoy your weekend!
 
Answer: Hello, thanks for your email. I hope you got to take advantage of the full moon, as Moonstone crystals do indeed love the soft, psychic moon energies. If you missed the full moon, any moonlight will do as well!

As for birthstones and zodiac stones, there are many altering views as to which crystals correspond to which dates. At I Dig Crystals, we don't follow the birthstones so much and tend to focus more on the healing energies. But for those who are curious, here are a few different birthstone associations: Crystal Healing Birthstones.

For Crystal Care, there are also many options. For jewelry I recommend cleaning by placing the stones on a natural raw crystal cluster like Quartz or Amethyst that will fit the whole jewel or placing the jewelry on or under dry brown rice. To charge, you the cluster will do both cleaning and charging, but other recommendations would be to place the jewelry on a natural stone slab or in the sunlight for physical energy and moonlight for intuitive and psychic healing energies. For jewelry I would definitely avoid the cleaning methods that require water or dirt or salt (which can scratch the surface of softer stones). Here is a page we wrote up for Crystal Care.

The "Crystal Bible" is a very popular, informative and portable book on healing stones. Judy Hall has also written "Crystal Bible 2" for additional 200, not-so-common stones. I also recommend Melody's "Love is in the Earth" which is a picture-less reference guide to many crystals' metaphysical uses. It is much more intense and informative than most books you will find. I also recommend "the Illustrated directory of Healing Crystals" by Cassandra Eason. At this time I am also doing my own research to bring more information to customers like you on our "Crystal Properties" page, so if you have any crystals you want me to focus on before others, let me know! You can read more about Moonstone here.

As for your Ruby Zoisite pendant, both Zoisite and Ruby are focusing on heart issues and for those who are not ready to let go of certain issues, will find that the energies are overwhelming. You can let it release these issues when you are ready to deal with them or you can counter this energy with a softer stone also focusing on the heart like Rose Quartz or light green Aventurine. If this is not the case for you, it can also be remaining energies that were with the crystal before it reached you, so yes, I would definitely cleanse it again or for a longer period of time.

Have a great Sunday and do not hesitate to email me again with additional questions.

Sincerely,
Sheila Satin :)



I Dig Crystals
idigcrystals@gmail.com

No comments: