Friday, September 3, 2010

CRYSTALS: Concentration


pictured: fluorite cat pendant

QUESTION: Good morning Sheila, I have a couple of questions..I ordered the Fluorite for concentration and relieving stress/nervous energy, specifically around work. So, I was going to put it on my desk at work. There is a lot of sunlight, is this OK? Also, I have a lot of pottery made by myself.. is it OK to use this for a stand? Will the glazes interfere with the crystal energies? Or add more to it?

I ordered the Amethyst because I have not been able to sleep lately and have had weird dreams..I want to place it in my apartment, specifically in my bedroom so that I can look at it before going to sleep. I am also very drawn to the specific ball I chose. Is this an OK place for it? Also, I was thinking of using pottery as a stand again..

I may also order a quartz ball to place in the main room in my apartment. The colors that are released in the sun would be so wonderful to see during the day! Any particular one that you would recommend?

ANSWER: Sunlight is great for crystals to charge up like a battery. However, you may see some color fade. This will not affect the crystal's energy, but if you are concerned with the physical look, just a note!

You can use any stand for the crystal. Your pottery will be great, glaze will not interfere.

Amethyst is excellent for sleeping. Place it as close to your head at night as possible, so a bedstand would be ideal! Some people put smaller pieces under their pillows or under their beds also.

As for Quartz, you are right, the colors and rainbows of this non-colored crystal are brilliant in the sunlight. I would go with the biggest one you can afford! Once you hold those larger Quartz spheres, you can really feel the energy. I especially like the ones that have Rainbow inclusions just because they are brilliant to look at and contain all the colors of the chakras! (if you can't afford the size of Quartz sphere you want, since Quartz is quite pricey, I would suggest Calcite as well, this is a cheaper crystal so you can get a bigger ball, but the brilliance is not the same as Quartz).

Sincerely,

Sheila Satin

Satin Crystals: 1718A Polk St, San Francisco, CA 94109 (415) 776-7446 http://www.satincrystals.com

##

No comments: