Monday, August 10, 2009

LESSONS: Hiccup in Time



words from Lisa Satin...

I am so happy to be living my dream every day- and watching Satin Crystals grow before my eyes. The most satisfying part of my work experience is helping others and sharing spiritual knowledge and experiences with a community of very special light persons.

Satin Crystals weekly meditation group has grown, and now has a solid core foundation of regular attendees. We work together and share our positive ideas and our visions. Everyone leaves the sessions rejuvenated and confident in the Creator within.

Last week's meditation, focusing on the manifestation of cash flow into one's life using crystal trees, went smoothly. However, at the end there was a strange exchange of words between certain participants that left tension and negative feelings in the air. This odd occurrence stayed with me for 2 days, as I tried to understand the meanings and lessons behind the incident.

I believe that the hiccup in time occurred for a reason, and the lesson to be learned from the experience varies for each person present during that meditation. I can only share what I personally have learned from the experience:

Each of us are very different, unique human beings. Each person has life experiences that are completely unique to him/herself. We each have different challenges that we face, and various ways in which we go about these challenges.

In the past, it would often frustrate me to watch others "suffer" and go through bouts of depression or hard times. I often thought I had the answers to their problems, and if they could just SEE IT MY WAY, their lives could be so much easier. Even as a child, I may have alienated more than one good friend by being judgmental toward their actions rather than supportive of their feelings. It has taken me a very long time to come to the realization that it is not my job to change people, or to try to shake them out of what I may have seen as a "slump". As a friend, it is my job to listen and be supportive without passing judgment. As a teacher, it is my job to empower people with the skills to help themselves so that they can pursue the path of positive experiences whenever they are ready to embrace that path.

Every person comes to this earth to experience different things. Some of the most important life lessons are often learnt only after struggling and suffering, in one way or the other. If every lifetime was a free ride, then how would we grow at the soul level? We must be entitled to walk our own path, choose our own direction, and move at our own pace. Humanity consists of billions of diverse beings, and each being is at a different point in his/her spiritual development. Only through support and understanding can we lift ourselves and others up.

I thank the universe for bringing this experience to the meditation group. Yes, it may have been negative in nature, but there is always something positive to be learned through the tension. It has taught me that patience is a true necessity for any effective teacher, and to share the message of tolerance and understanding at the next session.

Lisa
www.satincrystals.com

##


1 comment:

Karal said...

Lisa, your entry is timed perfectly for me as I worry about younger family members and the decisions they make, hoping I can spare them from what I went through. It's nice to be reminded that being saved from the pain wouldn't allow them to grow, and that they need the freedom to be themselves, just like I ask as well. Thanks!