Monday, November 10, 2008

CRYSTALS: Recharging


QUESTION: Hello, I am wondering if you can answer a question I have regarding crystals changing colors. I have a Lemurian clear colored crystal (about the size of my fist), which I was using in a healing grid. It is now turning orange in a few areas. I tried cleaning it with water and soap and vinegar too. Not sure if salt would damage the crystal so haven't tried that. My guess is that since the crystal was in the center of the healing grid that it was taking on so much negative energy that the discoloration occurred. I just put it in the sunlight to see if that will help. I am wondering if the energy of the crystal is damaged forever or if it is still usable for healing purposes once it has taken a "break". If this is true, how long of a "break" should I give it or should I just recharge it? It has been attuned to the Master level of Reiki. The crystal was very expensive due to the size and so I want to do whatever I can to "help" it heal. Please email me with your advice/suggestions.Thank you for your time and assistance!


ANSWER: If you use this crystal extensively for healing, I would definitely give it a break for a week or two, all the while recharging its energies in the sunlight and cleansing it with your preferred method of cleaning. In your case, I would even deprogram the crystal and reprogram it to recharge and recover. To learn more about cleaning, charging and programming crystals, visit my website: I Dig Crystals This is why it's always good to have a back-up set if you're doign professional healing work like reiki!

If your intuition tells you that the power of the crystal is just as energetic as when you first received it, even after the recharging break, I would return it to the earth (bury it in your garden or a potted plant) for a longer period of time.


Sincerely,
Sheila Satin
Crystal Healer

No comments: