Monday, September 8, 2008

CRYSTALS: Malachite Poison


QUESTIONS: Do you have any good links to get some more information on Malachite? I noticed you mentioned to be careful when using this crystal. Thank you.

ANSWER: Hi! Excellent question, Malachite is only dangerous when it is in fine powder form and you are breathing it in like asbestos. As polished jewelry it poses no danger, but if you have a raw piece, I would not suggest making a gem elixir to drink. Instead, use the indirect method in which you place the crystal in a glass jar and then in the water. In any case, it's only when you work with raw Malachite in large doses for long periods of time like in the mines or a factory that you really need to worry. We do mention it on our site just for you to be aware of this fact!

for a discussion on malachite safety, feel free to check out this link: http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=37702

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I had an experience with a malachite/azurite 1/2 polished, 1/2 raw piece. I had the unpolished side against my hand for a long period of time (few hours). The next day I had a large red patch on my skin on the trunk of my body (about the size of my hand). My dr said he had never seen anything like it and the only thing that had been different was holding and handling this piece the day prior..