Saturday, July 12, 2008

CRYSTALS: healing beginner


QUESTION: I'm interested in healing with crystals. Where do you use them? What if your issues need 2 or more crystals? Can you get me started on my new service work? Also, can you suggest any books? Do you know any crystal healers?

ANSWER: Thanks for your questions. My family practices crystal healing here in California. You can find my sister Lisa Satin in San Francisco at www.lisasatin.com, myself and my mom practice in Orange County at www.californiahypnosis.us and www.idigcrystals.com . I would suggest you check Body Mind Spirit Directory for someone in your area. We also just started a very active social network for healers around the world, you are welcome to join and post your requests, questions and answers at SATINCRYTALS.

You will probably have an easier time finding other kinds of energy healers like reiki masters because crystal healing is just now beginning to become popular. Rest assured that this is a growing field. I used to go to the gem bookstores and they had about 10 titles available on wholesale. I went back a few weeks ago and was astounded to see 50+ titles! I would suggest "the essential crystal handbook" to you because not only is it colorful, comprehensive and informative, but it is compact, easy to read and easy to look up stuff on the go! This is a good reference manual for crystals and their healing properties, so you can start by seeing what kinds of crystal energies you are needing. After that, there are also crystal healing books (which I don't have up at the moment, but I can sell those to you separately or you may find them at your local bookstore) which tell you how to use these crystals in your daily life, home, work, etc...

The most popular gem/crystal reference books are written by Melody. Everyone in the field knows about her books. They are super-thick, so you may find them a little overwhelming like I did because each crystal has so many properties that it seems contradictory (but in reality each crystal can be programmed for whatever you want), and there are no nice picture to indicate which crystal is what! I guess that's why she also wrote an accompanying book that has only pictures of minerals! Both are the "Love is in the Earth" series!

If your issue needs 2 or more crystals, that's no problem at all. The important point is to clean, charge and program your crystals them for what you want. As I said, every crystal has various crystal healing properties. The important part is to program them to focus on your issues at hand. Crystals can be used together and sometimes it's even more effective using more crystals than one.

As to where you use them; this is also as varied as the number of crystals out there! The main point is to listen to your intuition (your trust in your instincts). This is really hard for a lot of people, including myself at first, because we are so conditioned to think in the educational system where there is at least one right answer and not to trust what we feel. Each one of us will feel something different, and that's what makes energy work so intuitive. So as far as what to do with each crystal, I can make my own suggestions as to how I use them and how I use them on my clients if you give me a specific crystal to answer. From there, you can try out my suggestions yourself and modify to your own liking!

I hope this has helped in your beginnings to a beautiful crystal healing world. Don't forget to join SATINCRYSTALS where there are many like-minded individuals waiting to answer your questions.

I look forward to working with you in the future.
Sincerely,
Sheila Satin


No comments: